Every recreational vehicle owner is well aware that their RV will be exposed to a number of different factors that will leave the vehicle looking cheap. Overt time, everyone begins to notice the minor dings and chips on the surface of your vehicle from regular wear and tear. When it comes to maintaining the good condition of the gel coat on your RV, the market is filled with a number of choices for the best wax.
A lot of RV drivers are often embarrassed by the shady exterior of their recreational vehicles. Everyone wants to have a shiny good-looking vehicle allowing you to hit the highway with so much more pride and confidence.
Today there are a great number of drivers trying to keep the high-quality condition of their car. Drivers have invested in tools for winterizing their vehicles, replacing the filters and keeping the wastewater system in good condition.
However, the interior condition of your car is not the only part that requires maintenance. It is also very important to maintain the sheen and flow of the exterior surface otherwise your car may end up looking much duller and older than it actually is.
That is why so many individuals are also putting in some money into purchasing the best RV wax in the market. Cleaning and waxing your car are fantastic ways to ensure that the gel coat surface of your vehicle maintains a clean and classy pristine look.
Wax comes in very handy when protecting the exterior surface of your RV against various elements that may damage it. If your RV is covered in gel, coating it with high-quality wax is a great way to restore its new bright look.
When searching for the best RV wax, you will find out that the market is saturated with a ton of available waxes that you could choose from. Selecting just one wax product for your RV can prove to be a really stressful task. This is because consumers are always so confused wondering what factors they should be looking out for when purchasing these products.
As a result, we really thought it would be helpful to write a review that will guide you through the shopping process. This buying guide will equip you with all the necessary information that you will need to make the most informed decision when looking for an RV wax.
In this article, we will go over other factors such as the type of wax you should consider, the best quality brands in the market as well as other determining features helping you choose a wax that will give you the most desired results on your gel-coat surface.
Best Wax for Gelcoat RV
[content-egg module=Amazon template=list]
Meguiar’s M-5016 Boat /RV Cleaner Wax
Meguiar's M-5016 Boat/RV Cleaner Wax - Liquid, 16 oz.
- Meguiar's M5016 One Step Cleaner/Wax, 16 oz., A non-abrasive formula that cleans, polishes and protects all boats and RV's in one easy step. Removes light oxidation and haze, minor scratches and swirls. Provides long-lasting protection against salt air, corrosion and the sun's ultraviolet rays.
If you are on the lookout for wax that will not only work on your RV but also on your boat and other regular vehicles, the Meguiar M-5016 is exactly what you need. It is a cleaner wax that comes is available in 16 ounces. This is the most ideal option of keeping your Gelcoat surface very clean and polished.
Not only is it one of the best waxing products for cleaning and polishing your RV, but it is also quite ideal at protecting all types of marine or RV surfaces that are coated with gel. Another great factor is its capability to eliminate light oxidation, minor scratches, haze and swirls from your car surface.
If you are looking for an RV wax that can give you the best protection from dangerous environmental factors such as salt air, corrosion and UV rays, the M-5016 boat and RV cleaner is exactly what you need. It is great at protecting your surface from such issues and the wax will also last for a very long time.
Another great factor about this product is its non-abrasive formula. The cleaner wax works great as it makes use of its non-abrasive properties. These properties make the waxing product safe to use on gel-coated surfaces.
The wax is very easy to apply as consumers can make use of the one-step application process leaving you with a shiny glossy surface that will last for a very long time.
- It is designed with non-abrasive properties and it easily cleans, polishes and protects the gel-coated surface of your marine or RV.
- It eliminates swirls, minor scratches, haze and oxidation from the surface of your RV
- It is made with polishing oils and non-abrasive cleaners that quickly restore the bright colors of your RV and the gloss.
- It is a multi-purpose wax. Not only does it work on your RV, but also on boats.
- It is quite effective at polishing and cleaning the surface of your RV
- The wax protects the surface of your RV from dangerous factors such as harsh UV rays and corrosion.
This wax cannot provide an impressive glossy shine when applied on a surface that is really worn-out. The wax can only restore the original glossy look but it will not build on the shine of extremely worn out surfaces.
Turtle Wax T-477R ICE Spray Wax
Turtle Wax T-477R ICE Spray Wax - 20 oz. , White
- Provides Durable Wax Coating - Long lasting, incredible protection, repelling water, dirt and road contaminants, keeping vehicle exterior surfaces cleaner longer with UV inhibitors to keep paint looking fresh
- Creates a Deep Mirror-Like Shine- Features a unique blend of carnauba wax and silicone polymers to deliver a brilliant,
The Turtle Wax T-477R is another waxing product that is amazing for the gel-coated surfaces of your RV. The wax is purchased in a 20-ounce spray bottle that has a fine misting trigger.
The design of the bottle makes it so much easier to apply the solution and so quick. If you want to build up on the layers of protection and shine to your recreational vehicle, this wax is a very ideal option.
The wax is also quite versatile and can be used on motorcycles as well as other vehicle models. Another great factor is that it is so easy to put this wax on your surface and remove it. Once you apply the wax the final results are one of a kind. Your surface will have a bright beautiful shine.
This product is also very protective, safe-guarding your surface from dust and many other harsh elements from the environment around you.
Not only is it ideal for gel coated surfaces but it also provides other types of surfaces with a glossy look while protecting the exterior from damage caused by harmful effects of the environment. Consumers do not waste a lot of effort or time when applying this wax.
This RV wax is also great at offering amazing water beading. This means that water glides off your surface quite easily. This feature eliminates the tide marks and streaks from the exterior surface of your car.
The final result is an exterior surface that is much slicker and smoother. The ability of water to easily glide off from your surface makes it so much easier to wash and dry your RV as well as additional details.
Additionally, the wax is manufactured with properties that contain high levels of UV protection. This is great as it keeps your surface from quickly fading because of high exposure to the sun. This gives rise to a surface that is streak-free.
The wax is made with a formulation that makes it safe and adaptable allowing you to use it on automotive glass. It is also made of ingredients that contain anti-static elements designed to provide a clean shiny look on your RV’s exterior for a very long time.
These ingredients also contain lubricity agents. These agents help a lot making the process of applying wax very swift and easy.
- It is very versatile, you can use it on your RV, your car and your motorcycle as well.
- The wax is lightly mist in nature making it so easy to apply and remove from the surface of your car.
- The wax is made with elements that contain lubricity properties and anti-static agents.
- It has very protective properties safeguarding your surface from harmful UV rays and other harsh elements from the environment around you.
- Offers an impressive water beading feature that gets rid of streaks and tide marks from the surface of your car
- It works well on all kinds of exterior surfaces.
- You will have to re-apply this wax onto your RV every one to two weeks.
303 (30320) UV Protectant Gallon
303 Aerospace Protectant – UV Protection – Repels Dust, Dirt, & Staining – Smooth Matte Finish – Restores Like-New Appearance – 128 Fl. Oz. (30320)
- Ultimate Protection – 303 Aerospace Protectant provides superior protection against damaging UV rays. This protector spray repels dust, lint, and staining while also helping to prevent fading and cracking, to keep surfaces looking newer, longer
- Non-Greasy – Dries to a smooth, matte finish with no oily or greasy
This wax is actually one of the most versatile waxes in the market. The 303 (30320) UV Protectant Gallon works well on gel-coated surfaces as well as leather, plastic, rubber, vinyl, and fiberglass surfaces. It is a non-toxic wax which means it is safe for you and the environment around you. Its properties also make it ideal to fight off grime, dirt, and dust.
Additionally, the wax provides the surface of your recreational vehicle with an elegant matte finish. It is formulated with rinse-free properties. These properties make sure that the dry matte finish on the exterior surface does not contain any grease. The final result does not emit any unwanted smell.
The wax does not contain any silicone oils or petroleum distillates that could manufacture grease. The wax comes in a user-friendly trigger spray. This trigger spray makes it so easy to apply the wax.
This RV wax is also very protective fighting off a ton of conditions including fading, discoloration, and cracks that could be caused by harmful effects of UV rays.
The wax fights off dust and stains, allowing your car to maintain a clean impressive look for a very long time.
- The wax is made of a rinse-free formula that provides your surface with a dry matte finish that is not greasy and does not emit any kind of odor.
- It is a water-based wax that is non-toxic.
- It has impressive qualities that protect your surface and repels dirt, grime, and dust
- It is very versatile, not only working on gel-coated surfaces but also different materials such as leather, vinyl, fiberglass, plastic and rubber.
- It is not toxic making it safe for you and the environment around you.
- Safeguards your RV’s exterior surface from discoloration, fading, and cracks caused by the harmful effects of UV rays.
- The wax should not be used on unfinished leather materials like suede. It should also not be used on the interior floor surface or on the fabrics either.
Nu Finish Liquid Car Polish
Car Polish by Nu Finish, NF-76 Liquid Polish for Cars, Trucks, 16 Fl Oz Each
- Nu Finish Liquid Car Polish keeps your car exterior looking new with only one application per year.Fit Type: Universal
- Delivers impressive shine and protection without rubbing or buffing
- As the only polish available with no wax, the Nu Finish formula is specifically made to protect your car’s paint
The Nu Finish Liquid Car Polish is one of the leading waxes in the industry and quite popular amongst RV drivers. One of the best features of this product is its impressive ability to protect the surface of your car.
Not only can it protect gel coated surfaces of recreational vehicles but also airplanes, motorcycles and fiberglass boats. The Nu Finish Liquid comes in very handy and can be used on a number of household items.
Another great factor is how easy it is to use and apply this product. You can apply it to your car even if you are parked under direct sunlight. You do not need to buffer or rub onto the RV surface heavily. The final results are impressive, greatly improving the glossy look on your surface. This is why it is considered one of the best waxes in the market.
It is possible to achieve a glossy shine on your surface without buffering or rubbing the gloss onto your surface. The shiny glossy look lasts for a very long time.
The wax is formulated with properties that make it so easy to apply onto the exterior surface of your RV regardless of the conditions and temperatures that your RV is exposed to. The wax is also highly protective safeguarding your surface from salt spray, road tar, tree sap, and bird droppings.
The Nu Finish Liquid Car Polish also has a soft paste version of the wax. You can always choose between purchasing the soft paste version or the liquid wax version. It depends on which wax you believe is more effective and convenient for you. The wax emits a bad odor and consumers are always advised to apply the wax outside or in a highly ventilated area.
- There us the liquid and paste version of this particular wax.
- Does not require you to heavily rub the wax into the surface or buffer
- You can apply this wax even when under direct sunlight and the results will not be compromised.
- It is very durable and long-lasting.
- It is versatile and can also be used on different household items
- It protects your surface impressively from salt spray, tree sap, bird droppings, and road tar.
- During the application process, the wax produces a bad odor that could irritate you and those around you.
- It should not be used on any rubber or plastic materials.
Factors to Consider When Choosing the Most Suitable Wax for the gel coat surface of your RV
Choosing the most ideal wax for your RV should not be such an overwhelming task. The best thing for you to do is to decide what exactly your RV needs. This is important because you will not end up buying a wax that is not compatible with your RV at all.
Determining the exact needs of your RV surface will help you list down exactly what you should be looking for in an RV wax. The information in this section will guide you through some of the factors that you must look out for when purchasing your RV.
The Age of your RV
If your recreational vehicle is still relatively new and has maintained a clean nice finish over the past few years, then you can choose to use an easy spray wax on the exterior surface. The spray wax is very easy to apply and remove. The spray waxes mentioned in this review do a great job of maintaining a fresh and bright appearance.
If the exterior surface of your RV has already started to oxidize and fade, then it would be a great idea to look out for a wax that can easily clean the surface and restore it to its original bright color.
Look out for abrasion
There are a ton of waxing products that are highly abrasive. These waxes are designed with strong chemicals that contain small particles that could scratch the surface of your RV. Dark-colored RVs easily reveal scratch marks than RVs of a lighter color.
With that been said, it is important for you to look out for waxing products that have a low score in scratching and hazing tests, especially if you have a dark-colored RV. RV’s that are clear in color may look hazy or cloudy if you use a waxing product that is highly abrasive.
This causes the paint on your RV to appear much duller than it was before the waxing process. When purchasing your wax, make sure you conduct some research on the level of abrasiveness. Most waxes have the abrasiveness level written on the package. This will guide you into finding out if the product is safe.
The durability of your wax
Every RV owner requires a wax that will last long. A wax product that is of high quality will last long offering you a lot of protection and a shiny look for a long period of time. If you want to know how durable your wax is, then you should read through the labels and description portion of the product.
If your wax does not indicate how long the wax will last then there is a great possibility that the manufacturer does not want you to know how long it will last. Before you finally buy your wax, do some research. That will save you from waxing your car every few weeks. There are also some waxes that will last for a number of years if used in a specific way.
The protection offered by the wax
To maintain the excellent shiny look of your RV, it is important that you use a high-quality product that will protect your surface from the damaging effects of the UV rays and other factors.
Choosing a wax that protects your RV, will maintain the natural color of your RV helping it look new for a very long time. It is also important to look for a wax that will specifically protect the gel-coat surface of your RV.
This is because the gel coat surface is constantly exposed to harmful UV rays and other factors such as corrosion, salt, oxidation, dirt, and grime. The surface will not be able to maintain a shiny look if it is not protected. It is important to conduct some in-depth research to find out which product can offer high levels of protection.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
Do RV waxes for gel coat surfaces work on other surfaces?
The RV wax product that you purchase will always indicate the type of surface that it can work on. There are a number of waxes that are quite versatile. Not only do they work on gel coat surfaces, but they can also be used on other surfaces such as plastic, vinyl, leather, and fiberglass.
There are a few waxes that can work on almost all types of surfaces; however, they have varying levels of success from one surface material to the next. With that been said, it is very important that you get to understand your gel coat surface and choose a wax that will effectively get the job done.
How often should you wax your RV?
This question does not have only one concrete answer. It actually depends on two different factors: What environmental conditions is your RV
constantly exposed to? What waxing product do you use for your RV?
For example, if you use your RV constantly, then it is frequently exposed to harsh weather conditions that could damage the exterior surface. This could compel you to wax your RV every few weeks. However, a driver who does not frequently use his RV may only need to apply the wax once every couple of months.
The quality of the product that you will use also plays a major role. A high-quality product will last longer than the basic kind of wax. Which is why it is very important to invest your money in a wax that is of high quality.
Do you have to wash or brush your car before waxing it?
Choosing to clean your car before applying an RV wax is not a bad idea. A number of experts and other professionals always recommend this as it will provide you with the best results. The washing process gets rid of dust, dirt, grime and other kinds of unwanted residue. It is important to make sure your surface is clean before waxing your RV.
When cleaning your RV surfaces, it is important to pay attention to the hard to reach corners. In this way, there will not be any smudges, dirt or stains lying underneath the coat of wax. After the cleaning process, you can rinse your RV and let it dry before finally starting off with the waxing process.
Using the information given from this guide will really help you select the best RV wax in the market. The guide will also make sure that the entire process is not too stressful and overwhelming. In our opinion, the Turtle Wax T-477R ICE Spray Wax is the best option for achieving a shiny and glossy exterior.