Best Ceramic Coating for Motorcycles
A good ceramic coating is a detailing product that gives your motorcycle a glossy sheen. Aside from looking good, ceramic coating ensure maximum protection from build-up contamination and scratches.It does this through bonding on a molecular scale with the paint on your bike. This forms a candy coating outer layer that basically blankets your motorcycle from outside forces.
Image Rights – 15thand5th
Relatively new, ceramic coating is set apart from other products like wax because it offers yearlong shine and protection. A wax can only offer months’ worth of protection. It can therefore be a chore choosing the right product if you are new to ceramic coating.
There are also very many available, quality brands in the market. This guide makes your work easier by highlighting the best ceramic coating products specifically for motorcycles.
Best Ceramic Coating for Motorcycles
Chemical Guys WAC23016
Chemical Guys WAC23016 HydroCharge High-Gloss Hydrophobic SI02 Ceramic Spray Coating (Works on Car, Truck, SUV, RV, Boat & Motorcycle Paint), 16 fl oz,blue
- A CERAMIC COATING I CAN DO MYSELF – After years of developing professionally applied ceramic coatings, we have perfected the ultimate user-friendly DIY Nano-Ceramic Spray Coating that can be applied with a simple squeeze of the trigger.
- SPEED AND SIMPLICITY WITH THE POWER OF CERAMIC – Ceramic coatings
Chemical Guys WAC23016 is a Nano-ceramic coating that provides long term protection for your motorcycle. It is a hydro-charged product that has been developed over a long period to give a high-gloss and shine that is resistant to harsh elements. Chemical Guys WAC23016 also gives your bike 3D like candy finish that makes all colors pop.
WAC23016 is a user friendly product that can be easily applied with the use of a spray. Ceramic coatings often take a lot of time to apply and some even need professionals. This product is therefore a game changer as even an amateur can use it and get an unbelievable gloss and shine.
Additionally, Chemical Guys WAC23016 works beautifully on any motorcycle color. Its advanced liquid formula leaves behind a candy finish that gives it the extra sparkle.
Most notably, WAC23016 offers extreme hydrophobic protection. This ceramic coating reduces water spots all the while making your car easy to wash.
- Candy finish that is high-gloss giving all colors an extra pop and shine
- Uses Nano-technology that has SiO2 making this product smooth and highly protective
- Highly hydrophobic elements that make
- Easy and quick to apply with the ease of a spray
- Durable offering long lasting protection against harsh elements like UV rays, road debris and brake dust
- Deep glossy shine that has a candy-like finish making paint look darker
Chemical Guys WAC22916 Hydro-Slick SiO2 Ceramic Coating Hyper Wax
Chemical Guys WAC22916 HydroSlick Intense Gloss Sio2 Ceramic Coating Hyperwax, Hyper Gloss Shine, Safe for Cars, Trucks, SUVs, Motorcycles, RVs & More, 16 fl oz
- Unlike any wax you’ve ever used before: In order to create a product that offers the shine, protection, and durability of a ceramic with the ease of use as a wax, we had to invent a whole new category: A hyper wax.
- First ever Hyperwax: A Hyper wax
Chemical Guys went a notch further with the production of a hyper wax that offers optimal protection, durability and shine. WAC22916 utilizes the latest gel suspension quality (SiO2) to make this product easy to apply for even amateur users.
This product is also set apart from others because of its extreme hydrophobic water beading qualities. It does this through the use of Nano-technology that bonds and seals with the surface of your bike creating a second protective layer.
Another hallmark feature of WAC22916 is that it offers up to year round protection from road grime, bird droppings, brake dust and other pollutant. The durable layer shield offers this without the need of re-application for quite some time. Its deep, smooth surface that even reflects back at you makes this product a good buy. To add, it is also easy to apply in just minutes.
- Innovate product that combines the long lasting quality of ceramic coating and glossy shine of a ceramic wax into one
- Utilizes SiO2 technology that makes this product bond on a molecular level with the surface it is applied on
- Highly hydrophobic with exquisite water beading
- Easy to use
- Offers up to 12 months of protection
WEIRUIXIN 10H Ceramic Coating
Compared with other 9H coatings, this updated version of coating hardness increases to 10H so that it lasts longer. After painted with this kit, a protective layer will be covered on car body, Ceramic particles and extreme water sheeting contained in this high shine ceramic coating. protects your car from salt fog corrosion, bird's dropping, UV light, scratches, crushed stones and iron filings etc.
10H Ceramic Coating is a super durable barrier to protect paint from dirt and bonded contaminants, with outstanding water beading that makes water almost jump off the surface. by the way, get a waxing effect, give a cleaning, shining car back to you.
- Highly hydrophobic that is easy to clean while being smooth to touch
- Offers optimal protection to vulnerable parts of a bike
- Slick and smooth finish
- Easy to apply and clean
Feynlab Ceramic Lite
Feynlab is a hard ceramic coating that bonds on a molecular level to paint and other surfaces. This ensures that your bike will be protected from dirt buildup, scratches and stains, and damaging UV radiation once applied. It does this because of its advanced formula that is a combination of SiO2, Silicon Nitride and Silicon Carbide. This combination results in a highly resistant and extremely durable product. It also offers great protection from heat and UV damage all the while leaving a smooth, slick finish.
- Advanced formula made with a combination of SiO2, Si3N4 and Silicon Carbide
- Hydrophobic element that makes your motorcycle a breeze to clean
- Easy to maintain and clean
- Simple and fast application
- Guaranteed smooth, elegant look
- Coating life can be drastically shortened by using harsh cleaning detergents. Plain water is recommended
System X Renew
System X Renew Ceramic Spray Coating – Ultra Hydrophobic DIY Ceramic Nano Coat – Super Slick Finish & Feel – Superior to Wax & Polymer Sealants – 9+ months of True SiO2 Paint Protection (16.9 FL OZ)
- HYPER GLOSS – Get GLOSSY with the quick professional grade SiO2 detail spray coating. Adds superior gloss, shine, and depth to paintwork for cars, boats, and aircraft applications.
- ULTRA HYDROPHOBIC COATING – Renew repels water, mud, dirt, grime, & road contaminates while preventing damaging water spot formations. Watch
Whether you are a daily on-road driver or you are one to hit the unpaved roads often, your motorcycle’s paint is always at risk from various damaging factors. These include road debris, tar, chippings, harsh UV rays and stains.
System X is a ceramic coating that provides a smooth, mirror-like surface that is tough in its protection. It is a rather permanent solution against scratches, acid rain, tree sap and bird droppings.
True SiO2 Coating
Be careful with competitors claiming to have high concentrations of SiO2. In fact, Silicon dioxide doesn’t belong as an active ingredient!
With System X Renew, SiO2 is formed in the chemical matrix when the siloxanes cure. And don’t think more siloxanes are better. Too much siloxane in formulation is like adding too much flour to a cake you are baking – it won’t make it better, it will make it worse.
True to the System X brand, it’s all about balance in the formulation, to create the perfect cured product with maximum performance, regardless of cost.
Through this interlocking with the molecular structure of your bike’s surface, this product cannot simply wash off leading to exposure. Regular washing does nothing to the integrity of this product. To add to its advantages, System X can be easily hand applied in less than 20 minutes while providing long lasting sheen. It is also highly hydrophobic in nature thus making bike cleaning a breeze.
- It gives a well-defined gloss all the while being safe to use with an additional wax or sealant to intensify the gloss even more
- It works as a second clear surface that gives all the required protection to your motorcycle
- System X is heat resistant and chemical resistant. It is also extremely resilient to normal wear and tear as well as weather elements
- Can be applied to your entire bike only excluding plastic and rubber parts
- Close to no maintenance needed. Only need to regularly wash your ride to make it ever shiny and glossy
- Glossy and chemical resistant
- Enhanced protection against minor scratches, exhaust staining, bug acids and UV rays among other elements
- Extremely durable, clear ceramic finish that gives long-term protection
Nexgen Ceramic Spray Silicon Dioxide
Nexgen Ceramic Spray Silicon Dioxide — Ceramic Coating Spray for Cars — Professional-Grade Protective Sealant Polish for Cars, RVs, Motorcycles, Boats, and ATVs — 8oz Bottle
- PROFESSIONAL-GRADE SEALER THAT PROTECTS YOUR VEHICLE’S SURFACE — This premium ceramic coating for cars creates an impenetrable layer of protection on your vehicle’s surface. Using the highest grade of Silicon Dioxide (SiO2), which drastically reduces the ability for contaminants to streak, scratch, and degrade your clear coat and
This premium ceramic coating for cars creates an impenetrable layer of protection on your vehicle’s surface. Using the highest grade of Silicon Dioxide (SiO2), which drastically reduces the ability for contaminants to streak, scratch, and degrade your clear coat and vehicle paint, while creating a mirror-like shine.
With the fastest application time of any product on the market, Nexgen Ceramic Spray was designed for you to be able to protect your ride from scratches, fading, and other damage while also administering UV protection and a deep, lustrous shine. Protect your vehicle in three simple steps. Spray ceramic detail spray onto your vehicle's surface, wipe evenly with a microfiber towel, then buff out for an unbelievable shine!
- Advanced technology with 9H hardness that makes this ceramic coating even military quality with its good bonding to surfaces
- Works well on all parts of a motorcycle including its glass, headlamps, surface paint and metal parts
- Long-lasting product that lasts up to 10 times longer than ordinary sealants or waxes
- Deep glossy look that is almost like a reflective mirror
- Guarantees protection against harsh weather elements and road chippings
- Easy to apply with a wipe-on and wipe-off formula on a prepped surface
What factors should be considered when buying ceramic coating for motorcycles?
Ease of Application
Armed with a microfiber towel and foam, ceramic coating is rather easy to apply. Hard work rests on the prepping stage as your coating results are highly dependent on whether the motorcycle was spotless clean before application.
Every inch of your bike must be washed and scrubbed before application. All residues also need to be wiped off and only then can the ceramic coating be applied. Just a little of the product is enough to deal with a panel of your motorcycle.
If this thoroughness during the prepping stage is not something you are looking to get into, a traditional wax can also work well for your motorcycle.
Ceramic coating is considerably more expensive than traditional sealants and waxes. However, there are still good quality affordable options. Ultimately, the best buy for your motorcycle is a product which has all the qualities you desire and is still within your budget.
Need for Professionals
Some ceramic coating products need to be put in professionally. An example is a product that is a mixture of organic materials and chemicals. These might need expert hands for proper application.
To apply ceramic coating, a premium microfiber applicator is a must-have item. It is used to rub the gloss on your bike as well as ensuring evenness. Most of the products listed in this guide are sold complete with a microfiber cloth. An example is Chemical Guys. This makes it better deal because you will not need to purchase one at extra cost.
What are the benefits of a ceramic coating on motorcycles?
A good quality ceramic coating offers protection against abrasion, road elements, salt and more. It should do all this while also providing a glossy surface that is smooth to the touch. The ceramic coating should also make cleaning easier.
In a nutshell, the advantages of applying a ceramic coating to your bike is the offered protection, shine and ease when cleaning. Unlike ordinary waxes and sealants, the products stated in this guide offer all the benefits for a long time (12 months minimum for some). This is an added benefit as polishes and waxes need to be constantly bought to retain your motorcycle’s sheen.
How long does ceramic coating last?
Some wax manufacturers contend that ceramic wax products last about 3 months while others advertise longer lasting products that can hold up for as long 6 months or even more. Ceramic coating, on the flipside, can last for years and years. Generally, the outcome of the application largely relies on the prepping stage.
How do I maintain a ceramic coated bike?
A single application of the products listed in this guide last quite some time. For longer-lasting results, one should stick to a car wash regimen and use neutral shampoo to keep the good qualities of the ceramic coating. Buffing and polishing can be kept to a minimum.
Everyone would want their bike to look as shiny and attractive as it did the day it was bought. However, a motorcycle eventually loses its sparkle even after light on-road driving. To restore gloss, waxes and sealants have been traditionally used. However, the ceramic coating was specifically engineered because one would need to apply a fresh coat of wax every few months.
Ceramic coating is an innovative product that offers optimum protection from harsh environmental hazards without needing repeated application. Because of these factors, ceramic coating is highly sought after. The products listed in this guide are all good quality and guaranteed to save you fewer trips to the garage.