OBDii Scanners With Live Data Readout
For most drivers, their car is more than just transportation device. While most cars may not be living humans, so many people connect so well with their car, creating a close bond, so when the pesky check engine light comes on it can be a little bit disheartening.
This check-light comes on, alerting the driver that there could be a problem with the engine of the car. A trip to the garage could cost you a lot of time and money especially when you can’t figure out what problem your car engine has.
The good news is that the automobile industry has a device that allows drivers to scan the entire car engine revealing each and every issue that the car has. You can arrest the problem with an Onboard diagnostic (OBD II) scanner without having to look through your car by taking out different engine parts and other tools.
The OBD2 scanners are quite advanced and are designed with a number of programmed codes. By hooking them up to the vehicle's onboard computer a comprehensive report with all the engine’s features will appear allowing you to immediately identify the problem. There are different kinds of OBD2 scanners. Some of them are quite small and compact with inbuilt screens, while others can be easily connected to your phone or your computer.
The good thing about all these scanners is that they use a standardized format. This format makes these scanners so compatible; you could use them on a number of vehicles from different manufacturing companies. Owning an OBD-II scanner is a very useful way to keep observing your vehicle. This constant monitoring process will help you detect a problem before it becomes any worse.
With these scanners, your vehicle will maintain a great condition throughout its life. Every year, a scanner is released into the market and the market is currently filled with a ton of different OBD-II scanners. Browsing through all the different scanners and selecting your most preferable scanner can prove to be a very long and tedious task.
In this article, we have put together a list of the best OBD-II scanners on the market. If you are searching for a scanner in the market, you can use the comprehensive list below to guide you effectively, finally helping you settle on the best tool for your vehicle.
ANCEL AD310 Classic Enhanced Universal OBD II Scanner Car Engine Fault Code Reader CAN Diagnostic Scan Tool-Black
- CEL Doctor: The ANCEL AD310 is one of the best-selling OBD II scanners on the market and is recommended by Scotty Kilmer, a YouTuber and auto mechanic. It can easily determine the cause of the check engine light coming on, quickly read and clear diagnostic trouble codes, read
OBD2 Scanner Clear Reset Engine Alert Code - Plug and Play Easy to Setup Use Professional Code Reader Scan Diagnostic for Cars Since 1996 with Freeze Frame/I/M Readiness - LeeKooLuu LK11
- 【Auto OBDII Scanner Diagnostic Tool】This plug-and-play car code reader and clears codes with ease. It retrieves generic code and displays DTC definitions to quickly identify engine related fault code, easily find out what caused.
- 【Broad Compatibility】OBD2 scanner diagnostic tool is compatible with all OBD II and CAN Compliant
OBD2 Scanner Color Screen Live Data: Easy Set up Reset Clear Engine Error Code Plug&Play Upgraded Indicator Light Test Voltage/EVAP/O2 Sensor Diagnostic Scan Tool for All Cars Since 1996,AMTIFO W4
- ✐ Multi-Functions: Practical Multi-Functions obd2 scanner diagnostic tool features built-in OBD2 DTC lookup library, which help you to determine the cause of the engine light, read code, erase code, fault code information query,view freeze frame, I/M ready,reading data stream and playback function, real-time curve, reading vehicle information, get
Here are the best OBD2 scanners with Live Data
BlueDriver Bluetooth Pro OBDII Scan Tool for iPhone & Android
- [Pro OBD2 Scanner] - BlueDriver is the easiest way to scan and understand your vehicle like a professional mechanic. Read and clear your car’s trouble codes and check engine light.
- [Read & Clear All The Codes] - BlueDriver's enhanced vehicle diagnostics gives you access to information normally available
The BlueDriver scanner is one of the most affordable scanners on the market. Do not let its cheap price fool you. This scanner is still quite efficient performing tasks that expensive scanners cannot.
The BlueDriver Bluetooth is trusted by a number of mechanics and professionals in the industry because of the great functions.
The BlueDriver is compatible with different car models and can easily scan the control units. The scanner comes inclusive of an adaptor that is compatible with the OBD connector. Bluetooth device allows you to read the information on your phone.
There is a free App that can be installed on your android phone. The app has a support center that works 24/7 meaning all the guidance you need is accessible at any time.
This makes it so much easier to determine what problem your engine has and it also makes the troubleshooting process much easier.
The app also has a large database with lots of information and in-depth research material that you will need when you are searching for information on repair. The database has over 6.6 million fixes and is arranged using the manufacturer, model, year and error code.
The data is presented on your screen in the form of a graph. Professionals can quickly and easily interpret the findings shown.
However, for those who may have a hard time translating the data, the BlueDriver has a feature that allows you to customize the data so that you can view it any way you like.
- The scanner is compatible with a number of car models
- It has features allowing you to view the collected data in real-time.
- It can read and decipher the Software Requirements Specification (SRS), the Anti-lock braking system (ABS) and other control units
- It comes equipped with an easy to use App and 24/7 customer support
- It has a large database with in-depth material
- It can be used by a number of car models
The Innova 3160g Bluetooth
Innova 3160g Pro OBD2 Scanner / Car Code Reader with Live data, ABS, SRS, Battery Reset, Service Light Reset, and Bluetooth
- Read and clear check engine lights on any foreign or domestic 1996 and newer OBD2 car, light truck, SUV, and hybrids
- Read and erase ABS & SRS trouble codes on most OBD2 domestic, Asian and European vehicles
- Reset oil light on popular OBD2 vehicles. 3160g will save Diagnostic
For years the Innova industry has developed a number of high-end products, and other electronic advanced equipment.
This car scanner is one of the most ideal machines for most of the car models.
This device can be used with a number of different vehicles of different designs and models including heavy lorries, SUVs and vans. However, for this scanner to perform the vehicles need to have been manufactured after 1996.
With the Innova 3160g, you can read the control units like the SRS airbag, the Anti-lock braking system, BS control units and transmissions on most vehicles.
It comes with a LED display screen that is 3.5 inches. This scanner is can be connected to your device using Bluetooth and you can easily update the system by using the internet.
- It can read and erase the Anti-lock braking system, the SRS and other transmission control units.
- It is compatible with any device using Bluetooth
- You can update the software using the internet.
- Software Requirements Specification (SRS), the Anti-lock braking system (ABS) and other control units
- It can be used on a number of cars on the market.
- The software can be updated
- It is quite small and portable making it easy to carry around from one point to the next.
Autel MaxiDiag Advanced MD808
The Autel MaxiDiag has an advanced software with a series of functions such as a reset function, a steering angle calibration, a parking brake that is rest electrically.
It is also able to view different parameters while using a number of control modules. This scanner is also equipped with features that allow you to read and erase the SRS airbag, the Anti-lock braking system as well as other control units. It also has a generic trouble code library.
The scanner is water proof and grease-proof. This is an added advantage to those who will definitely be using grease and water during their repair activities.
It gives you software updates for a life-time, which really improves the system. The software is also inclusive of a ton of languages from all over the world making it one of the best OBD-II scanners for individuals who are well versed with their native language.
- Users can read and erase the SRS airbag, the Anti-lock braking system as well as other control units.
- You can read and erase generic trouble codes
- It can be used with water and oil and the system will not be damaged.
- It uses both generic and enhanced codes
- The software has a number of different languages
- It has a very strong software
The Autel MaxiCOM MK808
Autel Scanner MaxiCOM MK808S: 2023 Bidirectional Tool as MK808BT Pro MX808S, Updated of MaxiCheck MK808 M808Z, 28+ Service, Active Test, All System Diagnosis, Injector Coding, FCA Autoauth Android 11
- 🔥🔥🔥【2023 NEW VERSION OF MX808 MK808, SAME AS MK808BT PRO】Big Surprise! Autel has upgraded the MK808 to the 2023 MK808S. With the same cost, you are experiencing 5X faster diagnostics and 150 wider car coverage from 1996-2023-2024. Function as MK808BT PRO MK808K-BT MK808Z-BT, the pro-level MK808S enjoys powerful
The AutelMaxiCOM MK808 is one of the highest performing scanners on the market. This diagnostic tool is so popular amongst professionals and in different automotive car workshops.
The system has sophisticated coding and programming functions like the key programming, the brake reset, the electric parking and the service light reset.
It can also read and erase the most control units of the most car brands on the market.
Some of the control units are the Transmission Control Module (TCM) for a car, the Engine Control Module (ECM), the Anti-lock Braking System and the SRS airbag.
This scanner is compatible with android devices. It has a 7-inch touch screen that reveals the live data picked from your vehicle’s engine allowing you to easily diagnose the problem.
Once purchased, you will get a 12-month warranty and 12 months of free software updates.
- Advances coding and programming settings
- Diagnostics of the most control units such as the ECM, TCM, ABS and so much more
- It features an immobilizer key programming setting.
- It features a great software that can easily be used by mechanics and drivers.
- Its advanced software gives it the ability to handle advanced programming tasks
- It is of great quality, quite durable and reliable
The Launch X431 Pros
The Launch X431 car scanner is another top-performing scanner that is highly recommended by mechanics, engineers and other top professionals in the industry.
This car scanner comes with a huge High-resolution, LCD screen of 7-inches that is the most ideal when it comes to reading and deciphering the live data.
The graphs and other parameters need great resolution allowing users to be able to easily diagnose the problem.
The Launch X431 scanner is also equipped with a number of different functions like the ECU coding tool that allows you to take a ROM file and place it into permanent storage inside a vehicle’s engine management.
There is the electric parking brake reset function, the Anti-theft key matching, the service light reset function and so many other functions.
This scanner supports the Android 5.1 system. The android system comes with extra amenities such as a camera, a carry strap, a speaker and so much more.
This scanner is can be used on more than 110 different car models from the US, to Europe and Asia as well.
- It gives a full diagnosis of the system by reading control units such as the ABS, Airbag, Transmission and other units.
- It comes with a 7-inch LCD Screen ideal for reading the live data
- It reads and clears a series of generic trouble codes.
- It is compatible with a large number of vehicles from all around the world.
- It is compatible with Wi-Fi settings
- The android system has a camera and a speaker integrated.
The Ancel FX6000 is designed with a great programming activity and amazing features that allow it to read the most required control units of the vehicle.
It can read the transmissions control unit, the Anti-Lock Braking System, the SRS airbags, and so many other control units.
This scanner is often used in workshops as it has excellent coding and programming functions, making it one of the most ideal tools for those who need to code their vehicles.
The Ancel FX6000 comes with an LED screen that is 4.3 inches. The advanced software has a simple interface making it so easy to diagnose the engine’s problem.
This scanner is compatible with most car brands that have been manufactured from 1992 to 2017. The scanner comes with a free warranty of up to 2 years and the software is updated for free through their website
- It has an advanced coding and programming feature.
- It can diagnose the most required systems like the Airbag, the engine, the ABS and other control units of the car
- It comes with a 4.3-inch LED screen.
- It can be used by a number of different car models
- It has an advanced coding system
- The software has a nice interface that is very easy to use
Launch CRP Touch Pro Elite
LAUNCH Creader Elite Pro OBD2 Scanner, 2022 New Released Bidirectional Scanner, OE-Level All System Diagnostics, 50+ Maintenance Services, ECU Coding, Battery Registration, Auto VIN, Free Wi-Fi Update
- [2022 Newest LAUNCH Bidirectional Scanner] The OBD2 scanner Creader Elite P functions the same as LAUNCH X431 series. Just 100+ bucks help you save 1000+ on car repairs or even own a small repair shop. Unlike the scanners cost 100-200 bucks, this scanner features more: √Customizable: Choose the
The Launch CRP Touch Pro is one of the most advanced scanners in the market, designed with a number of different functions. This scanner covers up to 76 different control units.
It can read and erase the most control units as the SRS Airbag, the Engine, the Anti-lock Braking System, and a number of different control units.
The scanner is also equipped with a number of different programming and reset functions such as the electric parking brake reset, the diesel particle filter regenerations and also the service oil light reset.
This scanner can work on 46 different car models from the American, European and Asian markets. Such models include the Jeep, Nissan, Toyota, the Dodge, Ford and so many more. It comes with an LED screen that is 5 inches.
Its system is Android-based and is compatible with Wi-Fi allowing you to easily read and print live data.
The scanner has a warranty of 12 months and there are also free software updates, that improve your system’s interface making it so much easier to utilize the updated tools.
- The scanner can work on 46 different car models from different continents.
- It comes with an LED screen of 5 inches
- It can cover a number of control units
- It features an great software that can be easily used
- It is compatible with a number of different car models from all over the world.
- It is equipped with a number of different functions and tools.
NOTE: This is not the most popular scanner around. It started life well but has faded recently with it reviews…
Factors That Must Be Considered When Purchasing an OBD-II Scanner with Live Data
Picking out the best scanner for your vehicle is not really easy. The market is saturated with many different scanners and it may be so hard to determine exactly what your car needs.
Before you venture into the market you must realize that a number of different factors that must be put into consideration when purchasing your OBD-II scanner.
As you explore the market and inquire about different scanners it is advisable to ensure that the product you prefer meets all the vital and essential features.
Below are detailed tips and information that should guide you through the process of buying your scanner.
There are so many scanners that are very compatible and can easily be used on the car engines of different cars from all over the world.
However, there are a number of scanners that can only be used on a certain engine type or car model.
These scanners will not be able to diagnose a problem when used on a car that it is not compatible with.
A number of generic scanners can easily read vehicles that have been manufactured after the year 1996. This is because the vehicles and the scanners are designed with similar trouble codes.
However, if you plan to read and decipher data from control units such as the Transmission Control Module (TCM) for a car, the Engine Control Module (ECM), the Anti-lock Braking System, the SRS airbag or others it is important that you make sure that your scanner can be used on your vehicle.
Take your time and inquire if the scanner you want to buy is compatible with your vehicle.
It is important to find out what functions you will require from your scanner. If you are planning on doing a lot of coding and resetting your engine’s basic settings, then you would prefer a more complex scanner.
If you wish to read the trouble codes of your car’s engine to decipher the problem, then a generic scanner will do the trick. It is important to figure out exactly what function you would like to perform with your car engine so that you can choose a scanner with all the functions you will need.
Every year a number of new car models are released to the world. To be able to read and process data from car engines, scanners are required to have updated software systems.
A number of scanners come with free software updates that allows the scanner to be easily used with every new model. It is so important to find out how long you will get free updates.
Some manufacturers offer a limited amount of time for free software updates while other manufacturers offer a lifetime of free software updates.
Frequently Asked Questions
What is an OBD-II Scanner and how does it work?
An Onboard Diagnostic scanner otherwise known as an OBD-II Scanner is a machine designed with a standardized system of computers that cars use to diagnose and report a problem in the car.
An OBD-II scanner works by been plugged into the car. Once plugged in the scanner automatically generates and reads the code showing the mechanic or other users the exact problem of the car.
Is the OBD-II Scanner a good investment?
Purchasing an OBD-II scanner is a really wise investment choice. Without an OBD-II scanner, mechanics and other users are forced to take apart the engine as they try to figure out the exact problem.
The OBD-II scanner, however, simply reads the code pointing out the exact problem which makes it so much easier.
Going to a car repair shop and having the mechanics open up your vehicle’s engine without using a scanner is time-consuming and it could also cost you a lot of money.
In the long run, purchasing a durable scanner that is quite reliable will help you save your money and time.
Can all OBD-II Scanners read and decipher all the control units?
No, not all the scanners can read each and every control unit in your vehicle. Generic trouble scanners can read the code memory.
The more advanced scanners can easily read other control units as well as manufacturer trouble codes. If you would like to read all of the control units of your vehicles, you should consider purchasing a scanner that can be used on your car engine.
How much does it cost to update the OBD-II scanners?
A number of scanners in the market come with free software updates. Some offer free updates for 5 years. As earlier mentioned, it is important to check how long your OBD-II scanner will get free updates.
It is also important to find out if your scanner has been installed with the latest software and diagnostic functions.
The product description manual also shows how you can manually update your scanner using Wi-Fi. Some manufacturers that offer a limited time period of free updates charge a certain amount of money to update the software any time after that.
Can an OBD-II scanner damage my vehicle if wrongly used?
Yes, an OBD-II scanner is just like any other automobile tool and if used wrongly it could cause damage to your car. A lot of users make the common mistake of using a scanner that operates on very low voltage.
This can actually damage your control units. Most of the OBD-II scanners in the market are quite safe and all of the scanners listed in this article are recommended for your vehicle as they would not damage any unit or feature of your car.
Almost all drivers and mechanics could really benefit from using an OBD-II scanner. Occasionally checking on your car’s features and functions will help you ensure that your car is in good condition.
More car owners should really consider including an OBD-II scanner during their vehicle’s maintenance routine.
In our opinion the Autel MaxiDiag MD808 is one of the best scanners in the market. However its price is beyond most people. There are many to choose from on this page for your needs.
Hopefully, this review will help you make the best-informed decision when it comes to selecting your OBD-II car scanner with live data.
- Foxwell NT630 vs. NT644 – Finding the right tool for your automotive diagnostic solutions
- Foxwell NT520 vs. NT630 – Choosing a scanning solution
- The Best OBD2 Scanner for Volkswagen
- Best scanner for deep electronic system coverage: Foxwell NT644 Pro vs NT 650
- Looking for a suitable scanning solution: Foxwell NT624 Vs NT510