The Benefits of EV Chargers
If you’re a retailerin a commercial property, you’re always looking for ways to attract more customers and get them to spend more time (and money) at your store. One way to do this is by adding electric vehicle chargers to your parking lot.
Photo by Ernest Ojeh on Unsplash
Not only will this make your store more attractive to EV owners (who are often environmentally conscious and willing to pay a premium for convenience), but it will also send a signal that you’re ahead of the curve when it comes to sustainability.
So, if you’re looking for a way to give your retail business a boost, consider adding EV chargers to your property. It could be just the edge you need to stay ahead of the competition.
Level 2 Electric Vehicle (EV) Charger
Use Indoors or Outdoors
Compatible with any EV
1.The benefits of adding EV chargers to retail properties
Electric vehicles (EVs) are becoming more popular, and as their popularity increases, so does the demand for EV charging stations. Adding EV chargers to your retail properties can provide a number of benefits, including:
• Improved customer satisfaction – Providing EV charging stations at your retail location can improve customer satisfaction by making it easier for customers with EVs to shop at your store.
• Increased foot traffic – Customers using EV chargers at your retail location are likely to spend more time at your store than customers without EVs. This increased foot traffic can lead to increased sales.
• Improved brand image – Installing EV chargers can improve your brand image by showing that you are committed to environmental sustainability. This can attract new customers and keep existing ones coming back.
2.How adding EV chargers can attract new customers
Electric vehicles are becoming increasingly popular, and as a result, EV charging stations are in high demand. By adding EV chargers to your retail property, you can not only attract new customers, but also provide a valuable services that will keep them coming back.
There are a number of reasons why EV owners would appreciate having access to charging stations at retail locations. For one, it provides a convenient way to charge their vehicles while they are doing their shopping. Additionally, it helps to build customer loyalty, as EV owners will be more likely to frequent businesses that make it easy for them to charge their vehicles.
Installing EV chargers can also help to increase foot traffic at your retail location. In addition to attracting new customers, EV chargers can also be used as a marketing tool to promote your business to the growing population of EV owners. By promoting your property as being EV-friendly, you can differentiate yourself from the competition and make your business more appealing to potential customers.
3.How adding EV chargers can benefit the environment
By installing EV chargers at your retail property, you are not only making it more convenient for your customers to charge their vehicles, but you are also helping to reduce emissions and improve air quality.
Electric vehicles produce zero emissions, which means that they do not contribute to smog or climate change. In fact, electric vehicles are up to 99% cleaner than gas-powered vehicles.
Not only is switching to EVs better for the environment, but it can also save you money. Electric vehicles are cheaper to operate and maintain than gas-powered vehicles, and the cost of charging an EV is typically much lower than the cost of fueling a gas-powered vehicle.
4.How adding EV chargers can increase your property’s value
It is no secret that electric vehicles (EVs) are becoming increasingly popular. In fact, EV sales have grown by more than 50% worldwide each year since 2015, and that trend is expected to continue.1 This growing demand presents a unique opportunity for savvy retail property owners and operators. By installing EV chargers at their properties, they can not only make their properties more attractive to current and potential tenants, but also increase the value of their properties. The installation costs and parking spaces required will be offset by the prices the electric vehicle owners will pay to recharge their cars.
Here are two ways adding EV chargers can increase your property’s value:
1. EV chargers can make your property more attractive to current and potential tenants.
As the number of EVs on the road continues to grow, so does the demand for places to charge them. By installing EV chargers at your property, you can make your property more attractive to current and potential tenants who own EVs or are considering purchasing one. This can help you fill vacant units or renegotiate leases at a higher rate.
2. EV chargers can help you attract new businesses to your property.
In addition to making your property more attractive to current and potential tenants, installing EV chargers can also help you attract new businesses to your property. Businesses are looking for locations that will allow their employees or customers to charge their EVs while they shop or work. By having EV chargers at your property, you can show these businesses that you are committed to meeting their needs and helping them succeed. When installed, this could result in an increase in business activity and foot traffic, both of which could lead to an increase in value for your property.
5.The financial benefits of adding EV chargers to your retail property
The installation of EV chargers can have a number of financial benefits for retail property owners and operators.
Perhaps most importantly, the presence of EV chargers can help to attract and retain customers, as more and more consumers seek out businesses that offer this convenience. In addition, the installation of EV chargers can help to boost the value of a retail property, making it more attractive to potential buyers or renters.
Finally, in some cases, retail property owners may be eligible for financial incentives from state or local governments for adding EV chargers to their properties. These incentives can help to offset the initial cost of installation and make the addition of EV Chargers even more financially appealing.
6.The installation process of adding EV chargers to your retail property
Although adding EV chargers to your retail property may seem like a daunting and expensive task, the process is actually quite simple and there are many benefits to doing so.
Adding EV chargers to your retail property will:
– Increase foot traffic and customers: Adding EV chargers to your retail property will increase foot traffic as customers come to charge their electric vehicles. This increased foot traffic can lead to increased sales and brand awareness for your business.
– Create a sustainable and environmentally friendly image: Adding EV chargers sends a strong message that your business is committed to sustainability and being environmentally friendly. This can help attract new customers who are looking for businesses that share their values.
– Increase the value of your property: Electric vehicle ownership is growing rapidly, and as more people adopt EVs, the demand for charging infrastructure will only increase. By installing EV chargers at your retail property, you’ll be ahead of the curve and able to capitalize on this growing market.
The installation process of adding EV chargers to your retail property is quite simple and there are many benefits to doing so.
7.How to use EV chargers once they’re installed
Now that you know where to place EV chargers, it’s time to learn how to use them!
Here are a few tips on how to get the most out of your EV chargers:
1. Make sure your EV is compatible with the charger. Different EVs use different charging plugs, so you’ll want to check that yours is compatible before trying to charge.
2. Check the weather forecast. If it’s going to be cold outside, you’ll want to make sure your EV is fully charged before heading out. Chargers work best when the temperature is between 32 and 122 degrees Fahrenheit.
3. Plan your route accordingly. If you’re going on a long road trip, you’ll need to make sure there are charging stations along the way. The U.S. Department of Energy has a handy tool that lets you search for stations by location.
4. Have an emergency plan in place. In case of a dead battery or other emergency, it’s always good to have a backup plan. Keep a spare charger in your trunk, or keep the number of a tow truck or roadside assistance service handy in case you need it.
8.The future of EV chargers and retail properties
The number of electric vehicles (EVs) on the road is expected to grow rapidly in the coming years, and with that growth will come an increased demand for EV charging stations. Retail property owners and operators who are looking to stay ahead of the curve should consider adding EV chargers to their properties now.
There are a number of benefits to adding EV chargers to retail properties, including:
1. Increased foot traffic: Drivers of EVs are always on the lookout for places to charge their cars, so having EV chargers at your retail property will make it a more attractive destination for potential customers.
2. Improved customer satisfaction: Adding EV chargers will show your customers that you’re committed to providing them with the best possible shopping experience.
3. Enhanced customer loyalty: Customers who are able to charge their EVs while they shop or eat at your retail property are likely to be more loyal and more likely to return in the future. They will feel like they are part of something bigger than themselves. They might even start talking about EVs to friends and family members.
4. Positive public relations: Adding EV chargers can help improve your public image and make your retail property more environmentally friendly.
5. Potential new revenue stream: Many EV charging station providers offer opportunities for retailers to generate revenue from their stations, so adding EV chargers could be a way to create new income for your business. People who walk into your store and see an EV charger will probably buy some snacks or drinks while they’re there.
6. Charging station revenue – When you add EV charging stations to your store, you’ll get additional income from the electricity used during charging. This means that if you charge $0.05 per kWh, then you could potentially earn up to $100/month (assuming that you use 1kWh/day). If you charge $0.10 per kWh, then you would potentially earn $200/month.
7. Brand recognition – Many people don’t know what an electric car looks like, so when they see an EV charger in their local grocery store, they’ll think “that’s cool!” and they’ll remember seeing it.
8. Improved employee morale – Employees who work at your store will love knowing that they are helping customers save money and reduce their dependence on oil.
9. Better customer service – When customers ask for help choosing which EV charger to purchase, employees will be able to give them good advice without having to go online and look things up.
The Benefits With Multi Family Properties
Add EV Charging Stations To Your Property
Adding EV charging stations to your property can increase revenue and improve tenant retention rates.
Many EV drivers prefer to plug in at home, but they may not always have access to a charger. This means that having charging stations available at your building can entice them to rent space here instead of somewhere else.
Retailers and hotel chains can also benefit from adding charging stations to their properties. They can promote charging stations to attract more customers and encourage guests to bring their own vehicles.
Multifamily property owners can also add charging stations to their properties to attract more tenants. The same goes for tenants of multi-family properties, who may be drawn to buildings that offer charging facilities.
Some multifamily property owners already include charging stations in their maintenance budget. Others charge for each use and build in the cost of the station as part of regular maintenance fees.
For multifamily property owners, offering charging stations for free can help create goodwill among residents and attract high-income tenants.
Benefits of Installing EV Charging Stations at Commercial Properties in 2023
EVs are becoming increasingly popular. They offer several benefits over traditional vehicles such as gasoline-powered cars. EVs are environmentally friendly, affordable, and convenient. However, they aren’t yet widely available. That’s why installing EV charging stations at commercial properties is beneficial.
An EV charging station allows businesses to save money on gas and electricity bills. In addition, it provides convenience for employees and visitors.
One of the biggest advantages of having an EV charging station installed at your property is that it allows you to charge your vehicle while you’re working. This saves you time and energy. Plus, it reduces pollution since you’re not driving around town to charge up.
Another advantage of having an EV charging system installed at your office is that it makes it easier for employees to travel to work. They can simply drive to the nearest charging station instead of wasting gas and time getting into their car.
And finally, having an EV charging station at your workplace can save you money. Since you’re not paying for gas, you can save thousands of dollars annually. Plus, you’ll be able to cut down on maintenance costs.
So why wait until 2023 to start thinking about installing an EV charging station at commercial properties?
Now is the perfect time to start considering adding an EV charging station to your property.
In fact, you may even qualify for tax credits and rebates.
when you install EV chargers at your commercial property, you can expect to see a significant increase in customer visits. People will come to your store to charge their electric vehicles.
This is especially true for those who live far from home. An EV charging station makes it easy for them to travel without having to worry about running out of battery power.
In addition, EV charging stations allow you to sell more products and services. Customers will buy more items while they wait for their car to recharge.
Finally, EV charging stations are safer than regular parking spaces. Since there are fewer moving parts, they are less likely to break down.
So, if you own a commercial building, consider installing an EV charging station. Not only will it benefit your business, but it will also benefit the environment.
Things to consider when charging at a public EV charging station. A quick video guide.
EV chargers are a great way to bring in new customers to a business and build up a reputation and following from those who own electric vehicles. People with electric cars are limited in where they can charge their vehicles, and any places that offer this service will benefit from what it brings in the long term.
The EV charger market has been growing rapidly since its inception. This growth has led to an increased demand for EV charging stations across the globe. As such, businesses that install EV chargers stand to benefit greatly by increasing customer traffic and building brand awareness. In addition, installing EV chargers can lead to additional revenue streams for businesses. So, if you’re looking to grow your business, consider adding EV chargers to your fleet.