Choosing The Best Ceramic Brakes For Your BMW
If you own a piece of this German beauty and ingenuity, you know seamless control and speed are some of the major factors when taking it out for a spin. The ability to brake fast is as important as moving fast safety reasons.
A good quality product is very vital to your BMW driving experience because it can be the thin line between crashing the car and saving lives on the road. A BMW can go as fast as you want it, but a hallmark feature is if it has good brakes and a safe braking distance.
With so many options and varieties within the current market, it may be time consuming and daunting to find the right product for you. This guide is set to make it all easier by listing some of the best ceramic brake pads available as well as all you need to know about brake pads.
As tempting as it may be to go for generic and cheap brake pads for your car, genuine parts are highly ideal because they last longer and will save you cash in the long haul. Brake pads that are easy to acquire and simple to install are also recommended.
Best Ceramic Brake Pads for BMWs
BMW Brake Pads Comparison table
|Top||Bosch BC1267 QuietCast Premium Ceramic Disc Brake Pad Set For Select BMW 1 Series M, 128i, 323i, 328i, 328i xDrive, 328xi, X1; Rear||Prime||Check Me Out On Amazon|
|Bosch BC781 QuietCast Premium Ceramic Disc Brake Pad Set For BMW: 2006 323i, 2001-2006 325Ci, 2001-2006 325i, 2001-2005 325xi, 2003-2007 Z4; Front||Prime||Check Me Out On Amazon|
|Bosch BC683 QuietCast Premium Ceramic Disc Brake Pad Set For Select BMW 330Ci, 330i, 330xi, 525i, 525xi, 740i, 740iL, 750iL, M3, M5, X3, X5, Z4, Z8; Land Rover Range Rover; Rear||Prime||Check Me Out On Amazon|
|Power Stop 17-1561, Z17 Front Ceramic Brake Pads with Hardware||Prime||Check Me Out On Amazon|
|Bosch BC1042 QuietCast Premium Ceramic Disc Brake Pad Set For Select BMW 525i, 528i, 528i xDrive, 528xi, 530i, 530xi, 535i xDrive, 535xi, X5, X6; Rear||Prime||Check Me Out On Amazon|
|Bosch BP681 QuietCast Premium Semi-Metallic Disc Brake Pad Set For: BMW 530i, 540i, 740i, 740iL, M5, X5, Front||Prime||Check Me Out On Amazon|
|Power Stop Z23-1561 Z23 Evolution Front Carbon-Fiber Ceramic Brake Pads||Prime||Check Me Out On Amazon|
|Bendix Premium Copper Free CFC1613 Ceramic Brake Pad (with Installation Hardware Rear)||Prime||Check Me Out On Amazon|
|SCITOO Ceramic Front Rear Disc Brake Pad Set fit for BMW 318i 318is 318ti 320i 323Ci 323i 323is 325Ci 325i 325is 325xi 328Ci 328i, 1996-1999 for BMW 328is, 1996-2002 for BMW Z3, 2003-2008 for BMW Z4||Prime||Check Me Out On Amazon|
|Bosch BP1042 QuietCast Premium Semi-Metallic Disc Brake Pad Set For: BMW 525i, 528i, 528i xDrive, 528xi, 530i, 530xi, 535i xDrive, 535xi, X5, X6, Rear||Prime||Check Me Out On Amazon|
Akebono ACT914 Brake Pad Kit
Akebono ACT914 Disc Brake Pad Kit
- Ultimate upgrade for OE semi-metallic, organic and low-metallic brake pads
- Ultra-Quiet - controls noise, vibration and harshness levels
- Superior initial effectiveness with no required break-in period
- Extremely rotor friendly for longer rotor life
- Vehicle optimized ceramic formula for superior performance
- ACT564H is not the part number. it is
Akebono brake pads are advanced quality brakes made to the OE (Engineered to precise Original Equipment) standard. The ceramic material used on these pads is of premium quality providing motorists with the best braking experience.
The design optimizes friction formulations which ensure that noise, harshness and vibrations are completely levelled out. Akebono brakes are therefore really quite with virtually no brake squealing or groaning.
This cutting edge technology also reduces wheel dust which in turn boosts durability of the pads. To add to its benefits, Akebono brakes offer smooth and consistent braking over all kinds of road conditions including emergency stops.
Akebono brake pads are a good upgrade from stock brake pads as well as for restoring the ceramic pad performance.
- Ceramic formulations that give it a good superior bite with outstanding pedal feel
- Ultra quiet with noise, harshness and vibration control
- Consistent and smooth braking even when making emergency stops
- Cutting edge technology like low copper alloys that are environmentally friendly and fitted sensors
- Easy to install as the manual is detailed and there are a couple of installation videos on YouTube
- Long lasting brakes
Hawk Ceramic Brake Pads
Hawk Ceramic Brake pad is an aesthetically pleasing pad that has a chrome finish specifically made to satisfy the needs of today’s market. It is a premium disc brake pad guaranteed to give optimal performance with each driver.
Hawk brake pads also have a linear fraction profile, enabling the car’s ABS system to work efficiently. This high performance is achieved without sacrificing the car’s power and expected performance
Additionally, it produces close to no noise when braking and accumulates minimal dust making it of high standard. You can therefore expect a product with longer rotor lifespan, reduced wear and tear, and quite the enjoyable experience while driving.
- Stable and consistent friction output
- Enhanced and improved stopping power over a variety of road conditions
- Operates efficiently even in high temperatures
- Smooth, quiet ride with no squealing or creaking of the brakes
- Highly durable as it attracts minimal dust and is very gentle on the car’s rotors drastically increasing its service life
- Easy to install
Textar Ceramic Brake Pads
Textar ceramic brake pads are among the most highly rated brakes in the market for BMW owners. It has advanced cutting edge technology that specifically achieves clean and quiet easy braking. This is due to the new friction material used in these pads.
To add, the alloys incorporated into the pad ensure that the wheels stay shining and clean for a long while. This makes Textar brakes even the more visually pleasing. It is nonetheless top notch in terms comfort while driving and when pressing down on the brakes.
- Innovative consistent friction output that is
- Low dust formulation which means that contaminants do not easily bond with the car making it easy to wash off
- It is quite and maximizes on premium comfort while driving
- Comes with a one year warranty
Cool Carbon Street and Track Ceramic Brake Pads
Cool Carbon Company is made up of a group of engineers who are experienced on the race track. This product is manufactured with this unique perspective to make it suitable for BMW lovers who want to push their machines to their limits.
In its production facility, Cool Carbon has developed a new formula that uses aramid fibres and other compounds similar to Kevlar materials. This alloy of materials makes this product highly durable and resistant to wear and tear. It also quickly disperses heat that causes unnecessary chipping.
During the development of Cool Carbon Street ceramic brake pads, several tests were undertaken to ensure this product is predictable and linear with consistent braking power. BMW owners often attest that these pads are rather comfortable to drive.
The results of the tests make sure that it’s performance is more predictable and much more linear,it has more consistent braking power, resistance to heat ,wear resistance and it has reduced dust.
Owners of most BMW’s will notice that the pads feel much more comfortable on their cars as compared to others
- Superb for street racing and highway driving as it has consistent and smooth braking power
- Advanced technology that makes it resistant to heat as well as dust buildup
- Mixture of alloy materials used to make the pad very durable to wear and tear
- Produces little noise while driving and is rotor friendly
- Easy to install
- Highly durable
EBC Brake Pads
EBC are high friction brake pads that have a Kevlar compound that greatly boosts the car’s stopping ability on highways. If you are one to put your foot down, these pads offer smooth and consistent braking even at high speeds.
After undergoing various field tests, these pads have been proven to stop the car 6 metres earlier than a car using stock brake pads. It is therefore designed for daily driving as well as fun street cruising.
To add, EBC brake pads are completely shimmed and slotted for silent braking. There are no loud squealing brake sounds with this product. EBC brake pads are also highly durable as they emit less dust compared to semi-metallic pads.
- Suitable for lighter BMW's
- Cutting-edge technology that reduces wear and tear caused by heat as well as dust accumulation on the pad. It also helps increase the stopping power of the car
- Made of environmentally friendly materials that work well under all weather conditions
- Ideal pad for daily driving on the highway as well as street cruising
- Easy to install at the comfort of your home
- Has noise reduction technology that makes your BMW an super quiet ride
- Affordable compared to other products in the market
AC Delco Gold Ceramic Brake Pads
ACDelco Gold 17D785CH Ceramic Disc Brake Pad Set
- Tested to SAE J2784 for braking effectiveness, along with Noise/Vibration/Harshness (NVH) and durability/wear testing for assurance of quality.Material:Ceramic
- Ceramic, semi-metallic, and organic formulas provide safety and reliability for a range of vehicle applications
- Integrally molded - friction material molded to backing plate for bond integrity
- Premium shims, slots,
The AC Delco gold brake pads were specifically designed to be a replacement to most BMW’s original, factory brake pads. Armed with innovative technology, Gold Ceramic brake pads are durable giving you quality long term service all the while being affordable.
- Comes with an installation kit that has all you need
- Protective coat which helps prevent corrosion from brake dust and heat elements
- Multilayered core steel that includes rubber to dampen noise making your BMW a sleek, quiet ride
- Ceramic formulation which gives the pad ability to stop better and faster while accruing minimal brake dust
- Easy to install
- Noise reduction technology
- Durable as it does not accumulate dust and it is resistant to heat chipping
Factors to Consider when Purchasing Ceramic Brake Pads for A Bmw
Brake pads are mostly expensive to buy and with that in mind, one has to be careful with how they choose the product of their choice. Selecting the right brake pad can make a whole lot of difference when it comes to a life or death situation. The following are factors one should consider when purchasing brake pads for a BMW.
When applying pressure on the brake you should be able to gauge whether the pads produce any screeching sound before it comes to a halt. The degree of the sound shall determine if the pads can withstand wear during the duration of its usage.
Although accumulated dust has no immediate effect on the performance of the car, it does not look visually impressive. Dust is brought about when the pad shavings land on the outer side of the wheel. The degree of the ease of removal usually varies and it is important to look at the varying products available in the market. One should therefore consider ceramic pads that are easy to clean.
The prices of pads vary in the market and it is important that you strike the balance between affordability and quality. Before buying your desired pad you should compare its price to others and how well it will serve you in the long run.
Ease of installation
When purchasing your desired brake pad you should check on how easy it is to install it into the car. All the brake pads in this guide come with instruction manuals but even with that the process may need a level of finesse and skill to install. You should ensure that the pads have all needed tools to install as it will go a long way in saving costs.
Wear and tear
Since brake pads are made of ceramic, they usually last quite some time but different products have varying degrees of resistance. When choosing a product, you should take into consideration any extra addition features added to the brake pad to reduce wear.
How Long Do Ceramic Brake Pads Last Before Replacing Them?
There are a few warning signs that tell you when your factory brake pads need replacement. First, brake pads usually last for about 50,000 km. Beyond that, a good quality replacement should be bought. Another factor is how often you engage your brakes.
There is usually a drastic difference between drivers in the countryside and those who are usually hauled up in traffic. The heavy commuter is more likely to press on their brakes compared to other drivers. This causes brake pads to wear away more quickly therefore needing a replacement.
Is It Normal if The Brake Pads Are Dusty After a While?
It is normal to use ceramic brake pads because pads with materials cause plenty of friction. This process leaves a layer of grease on the car wheels causing dust to become attracted to it.
Dust does not hinder your brake pads from functioning normally, but if it is a major concern, several products can easily run off the dirt.
What Does the Term Brake Fade Mean?
Brake fade is when your brakes retain excessive heat causing them to malfunction. Ceramic brake pads are a good option because it can take high temperatures. They can also take on heavy-duty braking situations.
The term means “Where the characteristics of the linings are affected by heat, and the brake drums expand away from the brake shoes”. This could be for several reasons, but on a long downhill section like a mountain road, this will be because the heat has affected the shoes.
Can Ceramic Brake Pads Damage Rotors?
No, they cannot damage rotors. Ceramic pads have a smooth and uniform surface. They do not have any steel or wire inside it helps to keep the face of the rotor smooth hence reducing wear and tear.
For a car owner, having the security of knowing that your brake pad is in good condition at all times is very assuring and quite life-saving. With the right kind of brake pad you can rest easy as they can easily stop the car even when stopped in an emergency situation.
This review has highlighted some of the quality ceramic brakes for a BMW. All the products have their hallmark features to separate them from the rest. For instance, the EBC ceramic brake pad is easy to install, resistant to wear and does not easily accumulated dust.
Cool Carbon Street on the other hand, works well for street racing. One should consider the factors stated above so as to end up with the right product for your specific needs.