Using a foam cannon to wash your car is a fun experience made even better by purchasing the best car shampoo for foam cannons. With top rated products such as Chemical Guys shampoos, your neighbors will be begging you for the secret to that extra glow your car has.
Foam cannons are an easier way to get your car washed in the shortest amount of time possible. Long gone are the days where there was time to be spared to enjoy hand cleaning your car while basking in the sun, enjoying a cool lemonade.
For foam cannons to be highly effective, they first of all need a pressure washer and next and very important, a good shampoo made for use in cannons. That’s why we have compiled a few of the best car shampoos for foam cannons.
Methods of washing your car vary from the usual garden hose pipe, foam gun and now the foam cannon. In case you’re new to this and are probably wondering what a foam cannon is, we’re here for you.
A foam canon is basically an auto tool used in cleaning your car by producing foam and is usually connected to a pressure washer. This sudsy foam sticks on the car and quite literally the magic happens without you having to touch the vehicle.
- 1 Best car shampoo for foam cannon comparison table
- 2 Let’s now look at these shampoos:
- 2.1 Adam’s Polishes Ultra Foam Shampoo
- 2.2 Chemical Guys CWS 110 Honeydew Snow Foam
- 2.3 Chemical Guys CWS20764 Extreme Bodywash & Wax Car Wash with Color Brightening Technology
- 2.4 Meguiar’s Gold Class Car Wash Shampoo & Conditioner
- 2.5 TriNova Foam Cannon and Gallon Car Wash Soap
- 2.6 Mothers California Gold Car
- 3 Buyer’s guide
- 4 Foam Cannon Tips & Tricks
- 5 FAQs
- 6 Conclusion
Best car shampoo for foam cannon comparison table
Let’s now look at these shampoos:
Adam’s Polishes Ultra Foam Shampoo
- ✅ CREATES A HUGE AMOUNT OF THICK, LUBRICATING FOAM FOR...
- ✅ SAFELY REMOVES DIRT, POLLEN, SOOT, AND OTHER...
- ✅ DOES NOT REMOVE WAX OR SEALANTS, OR DRY OUT PLASTIC AND...
Compared to the regular Adam’s car shampoo, this Ultra Foam Shampoo is much better in terms of its efficiency. It smells amazing, is slick and has thick suds. Added to this, it is actually able to remove stuck-on grime.
The Ultra foam shampoo definitely comes improved since the shine is a lot more visible. You get to actually see the difference which isn’t the case when you use the basic blue soap.
It comes in a 16-oz bottle which is perfect for use in the foam cannons. Overall, the Adam’s Polishes Ultra Foam Shampoo is very compatible with foam cannons and the effect on the car is noteworthy.
While it is great and effective, the price is well, pricy.
- It is pH-balanced
- Cleans dirt and stuck-on grime
- Thick suds
- Comes in 16-oz, 5 and 1 gallons
Chemical Guys CWS 110 Honeydew Snow Foam
- Snow foam eliminates dirt, grime and environmental...
- Safe on all vehicle surfaces including paint, rubber, vinyl,...
- Concentrated cleaning power: Dilute with one cap to five...
Chemical Guys are quite popular and have a wide range of car care products. And it’s no wonder since it does an amazing job in lifting dirt off without having to take the wax with it.
This is thanks to the pH-neutral formula. This formula is gentle on the wax layer and you don’t have to worry about the sun interrupting your washing time. It’s a commendable formula really because apart from having the option to wash your car in direct sunlight, it is surface safe allowing you to clean other parts among them your wheels.
This honeydew snow foam is ideal with foam guns, lances as well as cannons and in case you’re wondering how it fares in terms of suds, it is very concentrated giving you thick and sticky suds. You will enjoy this experience due to its fresh natural scent.
- High suds thanks to advanced foaming technology
- Clean rinsing with no residue
- Safe for wax coating and sealant
- Ideal for maintenance wash
- Perfect for foam canon as well as bucket wash
- Superior surface cleaner
- Safe to use on paint, glass, plastics as well as vinyl and all kinds of cars; be it trucks or off roaders.
- Reports on inefficiency when it comes to dirt removal leaving it worse off than before
Chemical Guys CWS20764 Extreme Bodywash & Wax Car Wash with Color Brightening Technology
- Synthetic wax formula adds extra protection with every wash
- PH balanced formula does not strip wax or sealant coatings
- Enhances high gloss shine on every paint Color
Another great product from Chemical Guys. When it comes to care products for your car, these guys have just about covered everything. This time around, the Extreme Bodywash and wax wash comes with color brightening technology aimed at giving your car that brand new glow.
It’s gentle while removing grime, brake dust and every other dirt that the car is likely to collect along the way. After removing all the dirt, a protection layer is added to ensure your car stays cleaner longer.
The formula used in the Extreme bodywash and wax wash is pH-neutral meaning you can comfortably wash the car under direct sunlight and added to this, no residue is left after you’re done washing.
To use this product, you only need to add a few ounces of the body wash into your wash bucket (5 gal), to achieve that high level foam that is guaranteed by Chemical Guys. It will work just as great with a foam cannon or foam so you have choices that cater to you as well when it comes to your style of car washing.
Overall, we can attest to the performing power that the Extreme bodywash and wax car wash brings.
- Color brightening technology
- Thick foam
- Synthetic wax formula for extra coat of protection
- pH balanced formula gentle on the car
- A few users have reported water spots
Meguiar’s Gold Class Car Wash Shampoo & Conditioner
- Rich and luxurious car wash designed to wash and condition...
- Premium formula offers rich foaming and sudsing action to...
- Ultra-rich conditioners reveal color and clarity and leave...
Meguiars 2-in-1 car soap is a great option that will clean and condition your car in one easy step. It is designed to gently get rid of any tough dirt, grime and any other contaminants that your car may have. The shampoo is gently and maintains the wax on your car while the conditioner is what makes the paint pop with a bright and nicely saturated shine.
This product works perfectly with either a snow cannon or a foam cannon and has a mix ratio of 5 to 1. If you choose to bucket wash your car or to use a foam cannon, you won’t be regretting either as it generally is a great choice for your car. Plus, it is biodegradable so it’s a win-win for you and for the environment.
Some users have considered this product cheap but those claims are continuously getting squashed with YouTube videos coming up of testing done on this product to show that it works just fine.
- Washes and conditions
- Premium formula that ensures gentle wash of tough dirt among other contaminants while it protects the wax
- Ultra-rich conditioning
- Safe for all colors and coats
- Some consider Meguiar’s a cheap product
TriNova Foam Cannon and Gallon Car Wash Soap
- BEST IN CLASS - Unlike generic foam cannons, our model won't...
- THICK FOAM - loosen the debris, grit, and grime of the road...
- EASY TO USE - just snap on to any quick-connect adaptor and...
The Trinova Car Wash Soap is brilliant in removing dirt, grease, grime among other contaminants. It is highly concentrated meaning you don’t need to use much, lasting you longer. The TriNova comes with a scratch free mitt ensuring the safety of your car.
It is versatile allowing you to choose how you’ll wash your car. It’ll do just fine with a two bucket wash, foam gun or a foam cannon. It is pH-balanced and produces slick suds that will protect your cars wax and ensure no scratches are left behind.
It is ideal for trucks and SUVs.
- Easy to use
- Brilliant finish
- pH balanced
- Thick suds
- Some users have reported defects and quality control issues
Mothers California Gold Car
- Careful balance of powerful cleaning and care to prevent...
- Balanced pH for added safety even with continuous use
- Super-sudsy formula resists water spotting
Mothers has such a warm feel to it before you even get to what it can do for your car. While some car care products are aggressive and merciless to the painting and waxing on your car, Mothers car shampoo provides an attentive balance of great cleaning as well as exacting care.
Besides its ‘motherly’ nature, don’t underestimate it. It is strong enough to wash off the dirt, bird droppings, grime, among others without impacting the wax on your car. Added to this, it is pH balanced and provides you with thick suds.
- Powerful cleaning and exacting care
- pH-balanced allowing for safe frequent use
- Thick suds resistant to water spotting
- Bright shine after wash
- Has a very small size option so you ought to confirm what your purchase
In many cases people aren’t really bothered by what they use to wash their cars will. Clearly we see just how getting the wrong shampoo for your car lead to the detriment of your car’s physical appearance. There are a few factors that one should consider when getting car shampoo to ensure protection of the car.
Clean cars will elevate your mood a whole lot more so let’s have a look at what you need to be on the look-out for.
Finding out the foaming properties of the shampoo is very important. The more foam there is, the more efficient the cleaning will be. This is because the suds are able to have the dirt particles easily suspended without needing to scrub.
Make sure that while the shampoo might have foaming properties, they are long lasting and you don’t risk the soap going flat in your wash bucket. If you’re going to be using a foam cannon, then having a high concentration will be better for maximum effectiveness.
Depending on how concentrated your shampoo is, you’ll be able to tell whether the product is durable or not. The higher the soap concentration is, the more durable the soap will be.
This is because you will only need to use a small amount of the product and achieve maximum results. If the concentration is lower, then you’ll need to use more soap to try and achieve the results you want.
For a good balance or ratio, 1 ounce of soap should be diluted in 1 ounce of water to attain positive results. Many bottles now come in 16, 32,48 and 64 ounces which interestingly are all divisible by eight.
The pH level is what is used in determining acidy or alkalinity of the solution. When you have extremes of this pH level, then you risk corroding the paint, wax as well as the coat. The optimal pH level is when it is alkaline to have complete breaking up of dirt/grime which are acidic.
The environment has to come first in all our transactions and that doesn’t change when it comes to car care products. One factor you want to look for when buying your car shampoo is whether the ingredients are biodegradable.
Once you rinse off your car, the products go to the earth. While your car might not necessarily feel the effects, you will be contributing to a more severe problem that will have repercussions on you and future generations.
While scent might not be an issue for most, some shampoos can have really pungent smells and could even cause allergies. Try go for scentless shampoos that don’t have the potential to offend your nostrils or someone else’s’.
Value for money
As is with most products, you want to see the value of what it is you’re buying. Don’t spend so much money on something that will barely even form suds and worse still leave your car with more damages. Instead of buying small bottles consistently and spending more, go for the 64-oz bottles that could last you up to a year.
Water spots/streak resistance
Again look for shampoos with fast drying solutions so that your car isn’t left looking disastrous after a wash. The water streaks and spots left on the car after wash actually have a damaging effect on the paint and not unless you’re out for revenge and decide to take it out on your car, we suggest you leave out such products.
Foam Cannon Vs Foam Gun
When it comes to cleaning cars you’ll often hear people mentioning foam guns, lasers and as we’ve been discussing, foam cannons. But for some reason, foam guns and foam cannons are the most confusing. Is there a difference?
Yes, there is. While both of these typically save you the hustle of hand washing your car, one is more reliable. Let’s see how:
A foam gun is attached to your hose and is much simpler to use compared to a foam cannon. This means that:
- It isn’t as effective as this is dependent on the water pressure on your hose and in all honesty there’s hardly any pressure in a garden hose.
- It produces weaker foam that will run off your car so fast that no work will have been achieved i.e. you’ll still have a dirty car.
- It is a waste of water. Since the pressure coming from the garden hose isn’t much, more water will be needed for the job instead of if you were using high-pressure water.
A foam cannon on the other hand, is a bit more complex than the foam gun but once you get the hang of it, you’ll never go back to using the foam gun. For a foam cannon to work, you need a pressure washer as well as high quality connectors made of brass for proper attachment to the pressure washer. This effort is important because:
- It saves you water. Due to the high pressure being applied to the foam gun, it saves you a ton of water and is still highly efficient. If you live in areas with restrictions on how you should use your water, then don’t worry; you’ll still stun in your clean car.
- The high water pressure combined with the foam makes for one magical burst. Using a foam gun will honestly leave your car looking like you spent serious dollars to get it looking so clean.
- It is time efficient. For some they enjoy hand washing their own car on those lazy Sundays while they enjoy a good old bask in the sun. That’s not the case with everyone though so if you’re the type who just doesn’t have the time then the foam gun will get you that professional clean look in under no time. It’ll leave you enough time to run errands.
So there you have it; while it might be easier to use a foam gun, it will waste your time as well as water. We advise you go with a foam cannon and enjoy all the benefits that come with it.
Foam Cannon Tips & Tricks
1 – The right pressure washer
Aside from choosing the right foam cannon, choosing the right pressure washer is equally as important. They offer two options i.e. gas pressure washer and an electric pressure washer. Gas pressure washers are great at delivering thicker foam because they offer more PSI (Pounds per Square Inch) and GPM. Electric washers on the other hand are must a lot quieter and not a drag to move them around. You need to look for pressure washers that have the right GPM & PSI specifications of the foam cannon you’re using.
2 – The right soap
Choosing the right soap goes without saying that it’s very important. You don’t want to get yourself soap that will give you some barely-there suds. Auto soaps are especially formulated to create the right kind and amount of suds needed for your car. Chemical Guys Snow Foams were actually the first in designing car soaps specifically for foam cannons. Most, if not all their car washing soaps will work well for your foam cannon.
3 – Secret ingredient: warm water
Use warm water for aeration of the water and soap mixture to fully enjoy thick suds. Don’t shake the mixture violently but rather swirl the bottle gently in a circular motion; you want to avoid foam forming in your bottle.
4 – Rinsing
A quick top to bottom rinse is advised before you start foaming your car to remove the huge dirt chunks before they have a chance to rub into that meticulously done paintwork.
5 – Maintenance
Using your foam cannon doesn’t end with you having a clean car and as such avoid storing it with the remnants of soap and water still in there. Leaving these components in your bottle creates calcium deposits which lower the performance of your foam cannon the next time you’ll want to use it.
Empty it and rinse thoroughly with plain water. To ensure it is clear of any soapiness, after you have rinsed the bottle, refill it with plain water and reattach it to the foam cannon and spray it out. Do this until you are sure that there’s no more soapiness and keep your foam cannon at a safe place for use next time.
Why should you buy a good shampoo?
The reason behind sourcing out a good shampoo is because you want to get the dirt off of your car with no damage whatsoever going on the paint or wax. Good shampoos have been formulated with care to ensure that they are not aggressive while lifting the dirt off of your car. They provide slickness as well as lubricity ensuring no accidents happens.
Can I use my really great kitchen soap to clean the car?
Absolutely not. The chemicals and surfactants found in household cleaning products are aggressive and way too hostile for the delicate paint and wax on your car. They are manufactured with an aim of removing anything stuck on say your plate or cup. There’s no gentleness in mind here.
What makes a great shampoo for cars?
A good shampoo is dependent on the purpose you want it to serve. The factors you’ll need to consider are as we had mentioned; is it biodegradable, it the foam thick enough, is it concentrated, etc.
Check out the buyer’s guide section for a detailed explanation.
Is it okay if I let the foam dry on my car?
No. By letting the foam sit on the car too long, it will lead to damage of the paint and wax. Whether or not you’re using a foam cannon, the point is to have the car clean and not to have to spend more taking it to the auto emergency room.
Generally, a good foam cannon is only as good as the soap you use in it and vice versa. And for this article, our best car shampoo for foam cannons has to be the Meguiar’s Gold Class Car Wash. This is simply because it has proven itself a worthy contender despite its low price; it’s not as cheap as people make it out to be.
For more information, check out this link: