Which motorcycle jack is suitable for your bike?
Motorcycle jacks are used to lift motorcycles off the ground. They are usually mounted on the back of a truck or trailer. The jack stands up when you press down on them.
When you want to put your bike down, you pull the handle and the jack lowers itself. You can also raise the jack by pulling its handle.
There are two types of motorcycle jacks: hydraulic and pneumatic. Hydraulic jacks are powered by a pump that pushes air into a cylinder. Pneumatic jacks use compressed air to push against the ground.
What is a Motorcycle Jack?
A motorcycle jack is a tool used to raise a motorcycle off the ground. It consists of two main components; a base plate and a lifting arm. The base plate is attached to the frame of the motorcycle and the lifting arm is attached to the base plate. The motorcycle is lifted from the ground when the lifting arm is raised.
Hydraulic jacks are generally heavier than pneumatic ones. However, they are easier to operate because there’s no need to compress air. You should always check the manual before operating any jack. It tells you how much weight the jack can support, what kind of jack it is, and how to operate it safely.
Having a motorcycle Jack as part of your maintenance kit is a must if you do not want to incur injuries or destroy your bike when it topples over. Say a big goodbye to those clumsy cinder blocks.
Hi, my Name is Andrew. Am here to give you an insightful review of some of the market's top Jack Stands for motorcycles. I own a Harley CVO Road glide bike. I have ridden bikes all my life.
This Harley is my eighth. I love the thrill of riding my bike for pure enjoyment. It fires up my testosterone as I push my bike for more pleasure. The downside is motorcycles can be quite dangerous if you fail to maintain safety precautions and constant service.
I used to pay a mechanic to do regular bike maintenance for me – the costs were just phenomenal. So with time, I learned how to do it myself. To prop up the bike for service, I would stabilize the bike with blocks of wood as I worked underneath.
However, one day the bricks tripled over and almost ruined my bike. A friend introduced me to motorcycle jack stands, and I have never returned to cinder blocks again.
Best Motorcycle Jack Stands
Simply put a motorcycle jack stand helps to lift your motorcycle off the ground so that you can do some repairs. The Jack stands operate from either compressed air or hydraulics while some use a combination of the two. The best Jack stands have wheels that enhance mobility while some are fixed.
Turin products stand out when it comes to the best jack stands in the market. You will not miss out a product from the company in any garage shed. The products are made for durability with an excellent design. That is not all – most of their products are affordable making them a plus for do-it-yourselves workshops.
Orion Motor Tech Motorcycle Stand
One product that I tried out and that stood out for me is the Orion Motorcycle Scissor Lift. I own a Harley, and I can attest to how heavy it is to lift. The Orion can handle 1200 pounds comfortably.
When it comes to lifting you will be shocked at how light your bike feels under this Jack.
OMT Motorcycle Lift, 4-13 Inch Motorcycle Scissor Jack, 1100lb Capacity Wide Deck Motorcycle Center Stand and 1/2 Ton Scissor Lift Jack for Street Bikes Cruisers Touring Motorcycles More
- REINFORCED LIFT CAPACITY：With a hefty lift capacity of 1100 lb and dynamic lift height range from 3 3/4″ to 13 2/5″, this motorcycle center jack can be used to lift street bikes, cruiser bikes, and adventure touring motorcycles. It will not fit snowmobiles, ATVs, UTVs, or dirt bikes.
This makes it an excellent tool for your bike or ATVs. But, don’t be fooled the Orion is lightweight at 26 pounds making it great for moving around. It comes with a great design.
The Orion can extend to a height of between 3.3/4 inches to 13 inches; this gives you enough ground clearance for repairs.
A thick rubber base keeps the bottom tidy, and this ensures that your bike is free of scratches and any damage to the bodywork. The Jack comes with a wide load bearing surface, and red powder coat finish. This multipurpose Jack can lift your ATV, small vehicle, all your bikes, and even a snowmobile.
- With a hefty lift capacity of 1200 lb and dynamic lift height range from 3 3/4″ to 13 2/5″, it can be used to lift street bikes, cruiser bikes, and adventure touring motorcycles. It will not fit snowmobiles, ATVs, UTVs, or dirt bikes.
- Heavy-duty steel body and steel sleeve with easy-adjusting lift height. The durable red coating is highly resistant to oil, grease, and dirt.
- The extra-wide top platform of 9.8” x 15.8” provides a large contact area for better balance and support to your motorcycles, so you can find the bike’s center of gravity without the hassle.
- The lift deck is padded with premium rubber for extra durability and stability. Protective gloves are included for your safety. Manufactured and tested to meet all current safety standards.
- Avoid using an impact wrench – improper use may cause damage to the nut. Lift your motorcycle easily by rotating the metal sleeve, please refer to the instructions.
Powerbuilt 620422E Heavy Duty Triple Lift Jack
Powerbuilt 2 Ton Triple Lift Floor Jack, Lifts Cars, Trucks, Motorcycles, ATV's, Transmissions, Tie-Down Loops, Locking Safety Bar – 620422E, Silver
- REPLACES MULTIPLE JACKS: The patented Triple Lift design fits cars, trucks, motorcycles, ATVs, even transmission, lawnmowers and snowmobiles!
- WIDE LIFT RANGE: From a low of 5-1/2 inches (with the round saddle removed) to a high of 17-1/2 inches with the round saddle installed.
- ULTRA STABLE AND SECURE: Thanks
This versatile Jack is designed to lift your small cars, ATV, and motorcycle. When it comes to lifting capacity, this Jack can handle whatever is thrown at it. With a capacity of 4000 pounds, this heavyweight Jack comes with a patented design frame. This design includes removable lift saddle and padded lift rails.
To support over 4000 pounds the jack has extra support coming from a safety bar. You do not need to use Jack stands when the locking safety bar is in place. The Powerbuilt design allows the Jack to be used for multiple vehicle frames that include ATVs, cars, and trucks.
The Jack padded lift rails ensure that no harm comes to your vehicle. It is quite hard choosing between this Jack and the Torin. The Powerbuilt has also met all ANSI standards making it safe to use.
What stood out?
- Very easy to use
- Patented frame with removable lift saddle and padded lift rails
- No need for Jack stands due to the lock safety bars
- High load capacity of 4000 pounds
What we did not like
There is little not to like about this Jack. The only problem you may have is with the hydraulic fluids.
OTC 1545 Motorcycle Lift Jack
OTC 1545 Ultra Low Profile Motorcycle and ATV Lift with 1,500 lb. Capacity
- OTC's Motorcycle/ATV Lift has a 1,500 pound capacity and 17 inch long skids that will lift the largest and widest cruisers on the road
- Lowest clearance available – 3-1/2 inch at lowest level – with a wide lifting range of 3-1/2 inches to 16-3/4 inches
- Removable handle provides
The OTC brand has been over the years been associated with quality products, and this Jack is no exception. If you have a low clearance bike, the OTC minimum height is at 3.5 inches with a maximum of 17 inches. You can use the Jack for your ATV, bikes or a snowmobile.
Once you have lifted your bike, you can remove the handle for better maneuverability. Unlike most of the scissor-like Jacks, this Jack uses a hydraulic system that makes it easy to use. To ensure that you are safe operating the Jack, it comes with a safety locking mechanism.
The OTC 1545 pedal makes lowering and releasing your bike seems effortless. Two caster wheels enable you to move the Jack around your garage easily. Included with the purchase are two ratcheting tie down straps that give you extra safety.
What we like
- 17 inch long skids to handle widest and largest cruisers
- Low ground clearance of 3 ½ inches
- Removable handle for better maneuverability
- Foot pedal release for ease of use
- Automatic safety lock
- Additional tie down safety straps
What we did not like
Nothing. Looks like a quality jack and very popular
Black widow BW – 1604A Motorcycle jack
Black Widow Foot-Operated Motorcycle or ATV Lift Jack Stand
- Lift custom motorcycles, ATVs, and other powersports vehicles weighing up to 1,500 lbs. for service and maintenance
- Hydraulic foot pedal operation with a removable 27″ jack handle
- (2) 12″ x 2.5″ protective rubber saddle surface pads, commercial grade caster wheels
- Integrated tie-down points to secure motorcycles and ATV's
The black widow jack has a particularly confusing name. The first thing that comes to mind is the dangerous black widow spider. Rage Powersports have designed a Jack that offers excellent quality. The company has a reputation of producing quality and durable products that are loved by users all over the world.
This jack is scissor-shaped and has a very simple design. With a lifting capacity of 1,100 pounds, this jack handles bikes’ weight effortlessly. The Jack comes with a larger centered pad for a larger operating circumference. Being lightweight, you can carry this Jack around easily – it also folds to 3.5 inches.
The Black window is made from steel, and it comes with an extra 7/8 inch wrench or socket. You can use the black window for bikes, ATVs or a snowmobile.
What we like
- Sturdy steel frame
- Folds to 3.5 inches making it great for transporting
- Rubber padded platform
- Very easy to maintain
What we did not like
While the Black window is compact enough for maintenance, it lacks some cool features in competitor jacks.
This is a very clause call – between the Orion and the Powerbuilt. Both are great brands with a reputation for making excellent products. But, when it comes to value for money then the Orion Motorcycle Jack stands out. It has a sturdy design that can handle any type of vehicle that you throw at it.
The rubber pads are great to prevent your bike from scratches. For enhanced safety, you have six locking positions. The OTC Motorcycle Lift Jack is a great Jack for those people with low clearance bikes.
Our winner for the best Jack stand for Motorcycle is the Powerbuilt Heavy Duty Triple Lift Jack.
I was impressed by its patented design and its ease of use. You will not feel the bike weight when you are using this Jack. The Powerbuilt has the largest load capacity of all the Jacks reviewed. It also has the ability to accommodate a variety of frame – can even be used on your snowmobile.